Henlle - Pink Champagne & Pomelo Scented Luxury Soy Candle (250ml)
Effervescent notes of sparkling champagne blend with delicious citrus fruits of sweet grapefruit, Brazilian orange, and pink pomelo enlivened with hints of tart rhubarb and fresh, juicy watermelon.
This lusciously scented candle burns for approximately 35 hours and has a strong scent throw that will fully fragrance an average-sized room.
Henlle Hall, a gentleman's residence of the late 18th century, lies 2 km north of Gobowen. In the 19th century, its park extended to the northern outskirts of Gobowen. Elements of that landscape survive today. Nowadays, the park has been transformed into a golf club and luxury accommodation.
The house, then known as Preshenlle, was rebuilt in 1794 as a rather grand two storey, three-bay house in brick and slate, the central entrance bay projecting and being surmounted with a pediment. Attached to the right (north) of the front of the house was a stable block, also of c.1794. East of the house Was a large and irregularly shaped brick-walled kitchen garden, probably 18th-century and certainly predating 1794. Also presumably surviving from the earlier house are fishponds along the outside of the north kitchen garden wall, and an L-plan cottage, which in 1794 comprised stables and farm buildings. Considerable alterations and some additions were made to the house 1873-4, the latter including a veranda at the south end of the house from which a view is obtained across the park. In the 19th and earlier 20th centuries the house, then known as Belmont, was the seat of the Lovett family.
The architect's proposals of the early 1790s for the house appear to have been followed closely, as do most of his suggestions for the re-ordering of the grounds and the creation of a small park stretching west of the house, with belts of trees around its edges (especially to the south) and internal clumps, although by 1802 (survey with plans at Henlle 1994) the park included almost as much land north of the road which passes close to the north side of the grounds of the house as it did to the south of that road. By 1839 (by when the house was called Belmont) the park had been greatly extended to the south, to just north of Bryn-y-castell (translated 'Castle on the hill') on the north side of Gobowen. A new drive to the house had been created, running south , and west across the park to an entrance on the Gobowen - Preesgweene road.
Along but set back from that drive a good deal of planting of firs had been done, the plantations presenting noticeably wavy edges towards the drive (Shrops. R.O. 3375/104; Whittington (Daywell township) field name map for fir names). By the 1880s, if the map evidence is to be believed, there had been a change in concept in the park, and the landscape of 1839, in which there was a clear division between open grassland along the drive and the set-back plantations, had been replaced by one which was very much more informal with a very large number of individual trees scattered across the whole of the park. Other changes in the mid 19th century were the laying out of shrubberies and walks leading south-west from the house (taking in what in 1839 had been the flower garden); south of this the formation of a small enclosure known in the later 19th century as the children's garden; and the creation of a large, irregular fishpond midway down the east side of the park.
In the early 20th century the Lovetts converted to Catholicism, and the children's garden was consecrated for burial; several members of the family, previously buried in the parish churchyard, being reinterred here at that time.
About 1970 the house, by then known once more as Henlle, and 7 acres were sold separately from the rest of the park. This, however, made little difference to the appearance of the landscape at Henlle, and in 1994 the park remained much as it was in the later 19th century with many mature parkland and specimen trees, although since 1959, the southernmost quarter of the park has been disparked, the boundary of Henlle park now abutting the entrance onto the Gobowen - Preesgweene road
Iso E-Super, Citral, Ethyl methylphenylglycidate, Linalool, Linalyl acetate, beta-Pinene, dl-Citronellol.
Never leave a burning candle unattended. Burn candles out of reach of children and pets. Always leave about 10cm between burning candles. Do not burn candles on or near anything that may catch fire. Only burn this candle on a level, heat-resistant surface.
Never burn this candle for more than 4 hours at a time. Do not allow the flame to touch the glass. On the first burn, always burn for 3-4 hours to ensure an even melt pool. Ensure the wick is upright, above the wax, and central before the wax sets. Always trim the wick to 5mm before lighting to avoid smoking and damage to the glass. Glass may become hot during use. Extinguish when 5mm of wax remains and do not relight.